Sunday, December 20, 2009

December 18th 1993




Many of you remember 16 years ago, when we enticed our dear friends and family to San Antonio for our little Christmas wedding. I remember finishing finals and rushing to unload my things to Dan and I's new apartment. My sweet dear friends helped tremendously...drove all night, taking shifts and getting a little lost. I'll never forget waking up in the car on the drive down to hear Jennifer say, "Dang, how many toll booths do we have to pay to go through?"...."uummm, one. How many have you driven through?" I think she answered w/ the number three. But, we got there ok, and on time :) I still chuckle at that conversation.
We spent our anniversary by going into Seattle for the day when the kids were in school, having coffee, Christmas shopping, and had a very nice french meal in Belevue. Low key, but nice. Got home in time before the kids were in bed, and had Wilson be our photographer ....(we had to take several pictures).
So, hard to believe it's been sixteen years, I know it's been Jesus walking beside us to get us here. I'm blessed and thankful. And, although I would do a few things differently along our journey, I would still do it all over again. May we have another blessed sixteen and many, many more!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

You two are excellent role models! Congratulations to you both.

Charissa said...

How could I forget??

Aw man those pictures really make me miss you guys! Now why'd you have to go and do that?

Robin said...

I didn't go to your wedding but I remember visiting you in your apartment and learning a lot about marriage from you before I walked down the aisle in 1996. You guys are still so cute together.

jennifer... said...

I don't remember the tollbooths -- just your beautiful wedding and a certain friend of ours who had too much of something at your rehearsal dinner...

You know what? You look like a combination of Heidi Klum and Brook Shields! Not a bad combo, girl.