Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Advanced


Annie-Grace has been taking gymnastics lessons the last couple of months. She's really improved and has moved up to advanced level as of yesterday. She was so very proud of herself. Please understand, she is definitely not doing round off back handsprings or anything like that....but has mastered a very pretty cartwheel, round-off and her favorite is the balance beam. So, for Christmas, Daniel bought some wood, got the exact dimensions, went over to a friends house who has a saw and whatever else he would need, and he built her a beam. She gets lots of practice now, and has just informed me as I write this that beam is too easy now, and bars are her favorite. Great. I am not putting the parallel bars in my mud room. Don't even think about it! :)

6 comments:

liesel said...

Ouch, that's the splits, isn't it.....She is adorable. I miss her.

jennifer... said...

Oh you SAY you won't have parallel bars but I've seen bigger creations in your home before! Do you have space enough for a good running start on the vault?

Laurie said...

Actually, Jennifer and I just found each other, again. I started my blog b/c I was inspired by you guys (found yours through Jen's)! I'd been wanting to start one and just needed to knuckle down and do it! I just looked up my password info and stuff so I can actually post on your blogs instead of just on mine ;).

I can't believe you live in WA state! My mom was born in Seattle, and has lived there, Enumclaw, Port Angeles, Whidby island. Which island do you live on? She used to take the ferry to work, too! I am so jealous! WA state rules! We interviewed there, but couldn't make a competative living wage. Bet they're dying for nurses, though (no pun intended.)

I'm still figuring out the blog, thing - will try to get your's/Jen's so I can follow them. I have a facebook page, too - last name Zsom, now. Like the blog thing better, though.

Laurie said...

On the music, just look at the little player and the highlighted song is the one playing. You'll just have to scroll sideways to see the whole name/artist, though. The first couple songs are from the Be Good Tanyas - they're a Canadian band. I first heard them on someone's blog playlist!

Laurie said...

We are SO coming to live in your backyard!

Laurie said...

http://sorrytheband.com/bio.html

Sigh - I SO love the Seattle area. I always felt at home there, always loved the music, even my "first love" lived/still lives there. Ahem, with his wife and kids ;). Here is a link to the band that Alan, his bro, and a friend still have. Looks like they still play around there somewheres? Nicest guy - would have had a crazy MIL, though. AND she speaks English, unlike my MIL ;)!