Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Girl Scout Camp



Annie-Grace and I went to Girl Scout camp this last weekend. Actually Brownies for Annie-Grace. We had beautiful weather, yummy outdoor food and lots of fun girl drama for our two days. St. Albans was the perfect spot for 200+ girls of various ages to celebrate the weekend theme of "Going Green"....aka recycle, reuse, & ____. (forgot the last one)...I'm afraid I was the delinquent parent who brought paper plates and plastic spoons instead of camping plates to wash and "reuse". That's what happens when your packing in a hurry. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and we did learn wise and helpful reasons for why we want to eliminate excessive trash and recycle what we can. Although I have to admit as Kermit the Frog says "Its not easy being green"....ok sorry just had to throw that in....it was rolling around in my mind all weekend:)

3 comments:

Charissa said...

It's not easy being green. You crack me up Kirsten.

Courtney Mayfield said...

Sounds like you two had fun! I remember when I was a Brownie and as a matter of fact my mom saved some of the things I made and my sash with all of the patches I earned!!

jennifer... said...

Reduce, reuse, recycle. Have to confess, I do 'green' in SPITE of the religeon it has become. It was much more fun when I was doing it because I wanted to. Glad you had fun at camp!