Saturday, June 27, 2009

Before and After



Well, this is the "after" picture. Relief...and soreness are the words that come to mind. The Rock n Roll 1/2 marathon was beautiful, (great weather), very organized, (over 25,000 people), and an over all great experience....and a great excuse to gab w/ my friend for over 2 hours w/out interruption. Is that why we run??? We had to get up at a very obnoxious 4am to catch our 5:20am ferry over to Seattle....w/ so many people, we didn't even pass the starting line till 7:30am (race started @ 7:00). I have to honestly say I was the least prepared of the two of us....I was thinking @ mile 6..."I could be done right now", but no.....just 1/2 plus finished. DeVon ran strong and if it wasn't for her, I would have stopped long before. Despite my very heavy legs, and the never ending finish line "Are we there yet?????", we managed a very respectable time of 2 hours 16min. A little Advil and I'm sure I'll be fine. The second picture, is the "before" shot....yes, before sunrise.
We got home @ about 12:30, to my very sweet husband serving us a lovely appetizer of guacamole and chips, followed by yummy fruit salad, then some trailblazer stew (yes, Charissa, we still love that recipe), followed by lovely key lime pie. Yum!!! Happy Trails....it's done!!!

4 comments:

Charissa said...

Wow. All I can say is wow. I'm glad it was you and not me.

jennifer... said...

You're amazing!!  You had me at 4:oo am. Let's don't even talk about running for 2 1/2 hours and - are you kidding - talking through it?!?  I don't think I could talk and receive CPR at the same time.  Congratulations!

Your Dad said...

I'm so proud of you!!! Wish I could have tried to run it with you...... Kirsten's Dad

Your Dad said...

I'm so proud of you!!! Wish I could have tried to run it with you...... Kirsten's Dad