Monday, July 13, 2009

First Official Trail Run


In an effort to not lose the progress I made in training for the Rock n Roll 1/2 marathon, I signed up for some local races. (I'm also really missing running w/ DeVon, our time came and went too quickly).
The Roots Rock Running Series I thought would be great b/c no early morning ferry, close proximity, less expensive and different. Different, b/c they are trail runs. Other than the trails around my house, I had never done one before and found my self signing up for two just to stay motivated. This one was the 8 mile Bear of a Run. Yep, just go in where you see those flags and eventually come back out. It was beautiful, and sometimes I thought if I looked up, I would surely be taken down by a tree root, sharp turn, or maybe that hill that the only way up was to stair climb. Was that the "Bear" in Bear run? But, it was fun...and thanks to some new running friends Erika and Leah, we were able to girl talk our way through it. Although it was very quiet going up that Bear Hill. Argh. I am sore. No chatter there.

No comments: