Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma!


My grandma Wilson was 93 years old on Nov. 3rd. Wow, I realize that I'm writing this 10 days late....but I did call and talk to her on her birthday, and she does know how much I love her. She taught me to count to one hundred when I was a girl, and to tell time. She was a school teacher in her younger years, so she loved to teach in all things. She even taught me to knit when I was a kid. She loved sewing and knitting, and I have beautiful baby blankets she made each of my kids. Which reminds me, she always hated children being called "kids". She said that word was for young goats and not meant to describe children. Too cute, huh?!? Love you Grandma!

2 comments:

liesel said...

Aw, Kirsten. Your grandma looks so sweet. Thanks for sharing about her.

jennifer... said...

We love our Grandmas, don't we?  Was that a recent picture?  Did you go see her?