Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Commuter Kirsten


Ok, I'm trying to gain the motivation b/c the weather is nicer and its officially time to get back on my bike and ride to work. I've been driving to the ferry since the huge snow storm in December and then walking up to the hospital from the ferry. This is hard not b/c I don't enjoy riding my bike, but just a few irritations have left me prolonging the inevitable. Melancholy Kirsten needs to start looking on the bright side of commuting this way, and just get back in her groove! The benefits are huge:
1. biking helps me train for the 1/2 marathon I'm doing in June. (b/c my 3 shifts in a row are a huge interruption to running schedule....the biking keeps my legs fresh)
2. its ironic that I've gained 8lbs since I've moved to the 2nd Best Healthiest City in America. the pounds must come off if summer clothes are going to fit!
3. no more warnings/tickets on my car for illegal parking by the ferry.
4. there's more, but you get the idea....so thanks...I think by writing out my pro-list I've jumped started my motivation enough to gain some momentum. If you can think of any more "pros" to add to my list, feel free!
Miss everyone; Hugs to all!

2 comments:

liesel said...

Motivation #5 You look great in biking shorts. Might as well show off what you've got.

jennifer... said...

Motivation #6: It gets you blogging again and exercises your fingers too!