Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bad blogger:)

Well, since it's June and I completely skipped April and May, I thought I would give some updates. Summer will be here soon and hopefully I can play catch up on some blogging. The kids are busy getting final projects turned in, Daniel his grad. school papers, me, well I got sucked into Monarch of the Glen. A wonderful little Scottish miniseries on BBC:) And, I have signed up to run a full marathon in November. It's the Seattle's 40th anniversary marathon and I will be turning 40 that week. So, I'm taking the plunge, and hopefully I will still enjoy running after it's all over. Why do I run? Well, I've asked this question to myself many times. The best answer....It get's the "yuck" out of me. All those unnecessary worries, thoughts, fears seem to get worked out a little better after a good sweaty run. I'm a better wife and mom for it, I hope. So, I'll probably be adding some blogs about my runs intermittently with the family stuff.
Blessings on everyone's summer, ours is still 14 days away....

4 comments:

Charissa said...

I enjoy every update. Welcome back.

jennifer... said...

GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!! I wondered if you drifted into the Pacific...

You are awesome to do that marathon, you know that? I am both envious and inspired by you. Keep us updated about that and give us a picture! Throw us a bone here and there!!

I saw a watched a movie last night that I think you would love, BTW. Have you seen "Young Victoria"? You were the one person I thought might like it as much as me...:)

Love and miss you!

jennifer... said...

I just 'watched' the movie. I didn't 'saw a watched'...

Courtney Wilson said...

The full marathon or the half? Awesome ether way. I have heard from many people that running keeps them sane!

Your blog site is bookmarked on home and work computers, and I can honestly say I check for updates every day, at least 3X/day!