Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Go Run



My Lucy likes to run. She joined a girls running group @ school this spring and had her first race. Sometimes she joins me on short runs- does part of it and heads home so I can finish my other half. Her end of the season was completed w/ a Viking Fest 1 mile fun run. Poulsbo is the next town north of us and its a little Norwegian sweet spot, thus the 'Viking' in Viking Fest:) I was so proud of her and have secret ambitions of her and I doing long runs and races when she's older, but for now I glowed and watched. Ok, teared up and watched. She was awesome, did her 1 mile in 9:21 min. and the best part was she had fun, and wants to do it again. I think she may have discovered the "runners high"!

1 comment:

jennifer... said...

That's so special, Kirsten! I confess, though, I had no idea who the girl in the 1st picture was (seriously). I was shocked that it was Lucy! She's so tall and her hair is red!! When did that happen?